Saturday, August 23, 2014

Goal Setting

Hey everyone,

Again sorry this is a day late. Today I am going to set out some goals which I hope to accomplish. With that I will also give my usual update on how things have been. Although Rosetta Stone has progressed, I still lack the necessary motivation required to prevail. Even though getting caught up in the social norm around town has been exciting, it will soon come to a close. Leaving this country with a plan in hand and thoughts roaming is only the beginning of this long and highly anticipated journey.

The last two weeks have become a norm to me with a few added sparkles. I have gotten used to working now and can honestly say "STAY IN SCHOOL!" I have been lucky enough to get a job working at a place called Edukits packing boxes of school supplies. However, this can be quite boring and dirty at times. Go to school, pass your classes, and most of all get a job you love to do. By doing this, you allow yourself more time and money doing activities like the Ice Bucket Challenge.

I would like to also thank the person who commented on my last blog. This is the first comment I have received and am glad to hear your recommendations on places to visit and thing to do. I have created my own list as well including Skiing, Neuschwanstein Castle, and riding on the Auto Bon. My main goal though will be to try to fit in as much as possible.

As some of you may know, my flights start the 4th of September which begins this long journey. With such a short time left, there are only certain activities which I will be able to take part in. I am planning on having a going away party before I leave as a final fair well. With little to do, I plan to go to the restaurant Edelweiss before I leave. I also am planning to go back to school for a few days to catch up with some of last year’s teachers. Most of all though keeping in contact with my host family in these pressing few weeks.

These past two weeks I have been trying to keep up on my Rosetta Stone. I have finally finished the first level, and about time I must say. Even though I have been lacking motivation for about the last month or so, Rosetta Stone really does work to get you thinking in another language. My next goal it's to get through two more Units before I leave.

With short term and long term goals set and a basic run down on the past and future couple weeks, I am going to end this blog with a thanks to everyone at DCC for an awesome time there, and a thanks to the person for my first comment. If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions please leave them in the comments below. Also look for my next blog on either the 2nd or 3rd of September.

Thanks everyone,

Michael Steiner

2 comments:

  1. Keep to the right on Autobahn or you will find out very quickly what upsets a German the most. They have strict laws that the left hand lane is for passing only. In the cities a lot of people use bicycles to get around. Much easier than trying to find a place to park. Remember bicycles have the right away even if you are walking.
    Neuschwanstein Castle is nice, lots of tourists though. You can find other burgs (Deutsche for Castle) dotted throughout the country with less tourist and more to see.
    Become very familiar with public transportation, which I am sure you will, as it can take you anywhere in Europe for very little money. If you haven't flown to Europe before, don't worry as it is very easy to get through the airports and most signs are posted in English as well as most announcements are spoken in English. Just be prepared to walk a bit between flights.
    Have you been to Europe before? If not as you travel down the Autobahn just remember not every city is named Ausfahrt (you will see what I mean haha).
    Good luck and look forward to more updates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you an awesome trip and great adventure! Did you know we (Boedigheimers) have our very own village? The Village of Boedigheim :-) Dan and his dad did a 2-week tour of Germany a few years back. They had a blast exploring and doing as the locals do. Dan would be more than willing to share some of the things they enjoyed the most if you're interested.

    Happy travels! We look forward to keeping up with you on your blog.

    ReplyDelete